Why buying a Boston multi-family home is a great investment
Multifamily rents rose nationally in April indicating ongoing recovery from the pandemic, according to the latest Yardi Matrix Multifamily National Report.
Overall, markets saw positive performance indicators for the first time in months, including a 1.6% year-over-year increase in rents — good news for owners and investors.
Matrix analysts said this is the largest increase they’ve seen since the start of the pandemic.
All of the top 30 markets analyzed had positive month-over-month rent growth, the first time this has happened since March 2020. Monthly rents increased by $10 in April to $1,417, the largest year-over-year increase by dollar amount since June 2015, according to the report.
Twenty-four of the 30 markets Matrix analyzed had month-over-month rent growth of more than 0.5%.
Boston showed strong gains with a 0.4% rent growth rate on a trailing three-month basis.
Analysts said they expect these gains to strengthen as summer begins.
The video below discusses why buying a Boston triple-decker/multi-family home is a great investment.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE & RENT
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent\
- Back to homepage Boston condos
- Boston condos for sale
- View Boston condos for sale. Updated every 8 minutes with new listings.