Not that the downtown real estate market needs any more incentives to attract buyers, but the mayor’s decision to buy and open a new school in the North End, at 585 Commercial Street, can only further enhance the attractiveness of the area for young families.
One gripe: A number of years ago, a bunch of Beacon Hill residents offered to buy, with their own money, a neighborhood building for a new public school. The mayor, through the school committee, rejected the idea. Years later, the city is finally switching back to a more neighborhood-centric school-assignment system. The backers of the BH school were way ahead of their times.
Some added trivia: 585 Commercial used to be the Romney For President campaign HQ.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018