The Globe has a story out today about the +$1 million market in Massachusetts.
Sales of single-family homes priced at $1 million and above have surged 9.6 percent so far this year, compared with a 5 percent decline in sales of homes under $1 million, according to Warren Group, a Boston publisher of real estate data and news.
(A five percent drop is a “slump”? but, I digress …)
What about within the city of Boston?
2004 sales, $1 million-$2 million: 321
2005 sales, $1 million-$2 million: 326
2006 sales, $1 million-$2 million: 304
2007 sales (to date), $1 million-$2 million: 247
2004 sales, +2 million: 72
2005 sales, +2 million: 95
2006 sales, +2 million: 75
2007 sales (to date), +2 million: 85
In a word, strong. Although the $1 million – $2 million market may end up off around 10%, I’d say we’re looking at a very strong market for million-dollar plus properties.
Source: Listing Information Network, Inc.
More: Amid housing slump, high-end boom – By Kimberly Blanton, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.