A great, historic building on the top of Beacon Hill is being converted into luxury condominiums.
20 Beacon Street, known more commonly by its name – The Claflin Building, will be turned into five, large condos, each with over 2100 square feet of space.
It looks as though the developer is keeping the exterior intact (as if he had any choice) but making the interior totally over with top-of-the-line finishes, etc.
About the building (from their website):
The Claflin Building is one of the finest remaining Queen Anne Buildings and it demonstrates the skill and versatility of architect William Gibbons Preston. Preston designed landmark buildings in the Renaissance Revival, Neo-Grec and Beaux Arts modes.
The building is virtually intact and is outstanding in its use of varied colors, textures and materials to enhance visual interest. It is also listed on the National Register as part of the Park Street District.
The buildingâ€™s celebrated history includes a rich history of retailers. From 1894 through the 1920â€™s, Koopman & Company Antique dealers occupied the first and second floors, while GoodSpeeds, one of the nations finest antiquarian bookshops occupied the building until the 1980â€™s.
Prices run in the neighborhood of $1,100 per square foot. Nice neighborhood!
More details: 20 Beacon – developer’s website – or contact me!
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018