OK, we’ve all heard about large companies buying up multi-family dwellings, usually large apartment buildings, and making a killing.
But it appears large investors are now starting to muscle into a business previously dominated by mostly mom-and-pop or small-time operators: Owning and renting out single-family homes.
The Bloomberg story linked above focuses on how Blackstone is stepping up its strategy of buying single-family homes and then renting them out. The piece adds:
The single-family home rental business, which has been dominated by small investors, is attracting more institutional capital. American Homes 4 Rent, a Malibu, California-based company headed by Public Storage (PSA) founder B. Wayne Hughes, has acquired about 10,000 properties. Thomas Barrack’s Colony Capital LLC has raised $2.2 billion for home purchases.
Does anyone know of large institutional or private-equity investors buying up single-family homes in Massachusetts? We’d be curious to hear about it.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018