Finally owning your own Boston condo means more than decorating however you like. Buying a Downtown Boston condo for sale also means all maintenance is your responsibility. As you plan for new furniture and paint, don’t forget to stock your toolbox with essential tools you will need to make your new condo or loft your own and take care of it in the years to come.
Important Tools for a New Homeowner
- Hammer. Invest in a good-quality hammer with a steel handle. From pulling out nails and pounding nails to breaking down walls and assembling furniture, a good hammer will prove invaluable for many tasks around the house.
- Screwdriver set. You will use screwdrivers more than anything else. Make sure you get a set with a variety of sizes. A single ratchet screwdriver with a set of bits is a good choice to make fast work of most home projects.
- Pliers. You will end up using pliers for dozens of projects that require cutting, gripping, and bending, including straightening bent plugs and replacing showerheads. Get a set of pliers to fit any small objects.
- Adjustable wrench. A wrench is used to tighten and assemble nuts and bolts, particularly on plumbing fixtures.
- Handsaw. While used less often in a condo than a single-family home, a good handsaw can be used to cut through PVC plumbing pipe, wood trim, and more. Along with DIY projects, it will also come in handy when you need to remove knobs from the Christmas tree.
- Power drill. While a power drill will be one of the most expensive tools in your toolbox, you will find it useful for most DIY projects and practical tasks around your place like installing shelves in the bathroom.
- Tape measure. A tape measure isn’t just handy when you’re planning to move new furniture into the house; your tape measure will also be your best friend when you’re building furniture and planning out space inside.
If you’re still looking for a place in Downtown Boston to put down roots and call your own, check out out website and cruise through our inventory of available Boston condos online. You can also give us a call at 617-720-5454 and schedule an appointment with a friendly and experienced real estate agent.
Boston Downtown Condos for Sale
Back Bay Boston condos for sale
Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
Charlestown Boston condos for sale
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos for sale
Fenway Boston condos for sale
Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
Leather District Boston condos for sale
Midtown/Downtown Boston condos for sale
Seaport District Boston condos for sale
South Boston condos for sale
South End Boston condos for sale
Waterfront condos for sale
North End condos for sale
West End condos for sale
East Boston condos for sale