If you’re buying a downtown Boston condo for sale, know that condo insurance is required by your mortgage company and your condo association. It’s also vital for protecting your assets and interests. As such, it is important to ensure that you’ve found a suitable amount of coverage for protecting everyone involved. Following is everything you need to know about reviewing your Boston Midtown condo insurance policy.
Check Out the Condo Association’s Master Insurance Policy
Beyond meeting your lender’s requirements for coverage, you should take a look at the master insurance policy that your downtown condo association maintains. This will give you a better understanding of your own coverage needs. Everything that isn’t covered in the master policy should be covered in your own. This includes any alterations or improvements that have been made to your unit.
Take Stock of Your Personal Items
It’s also necessary to assign a value to you personal items in order to determine exactly how much contents coverage you should bind. Perform a thorough inventory while creating a list of each possession and its respective value. Make sure to account for all antiques, artwork and any other items of high value. Your insurer can tell you whether it will be necessary to bind separate personal articles coverage for these.
Know Your Obligations for Loss Assessment
The final step in the review process is to determine your personal obligations for loss assessment. For instance, when any portion of the condo building is damaged or destroyed by a flood, fire or other event, each unit owner will be charged money for covering his or her portion of the repair or replacement costs. A good condo insurance policy will pay out funds to cover some or all of these fees even though they represent damages that have occurred outside of your unit. If you don’t have this additional protection, ask your current insurer whether or not you can get it.
When purchasing a condo, loft, or penthouse in Midtown, it’s important to work with a reputable real estate agent who can thoroughly explain the entire process, mortgage and insurance responsibilities, and advocate for your best interests from start to finish. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 617-720-5454 forward to hearing from you.
Back Bay Boston condos for sale
Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
Charlestown Boston condos for sale
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos for sale
Fenway Boston condos for sale
Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
Leather District Boston condos for sale
Midtown/Downtown Boston condos for sale
Seaport District Boston condos for sale
South Boston condos for sale
South End Boston condos for sale
Waterfront condos for sale
North End condos for sale
West End condos for sale
East Boston condos for sale
Question & Answers Regarding Beacon Hill Condo For Sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Beacon Hill Condos For Sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale updated in real time.
- Beacon Hill condos for sale lowest priced to highest
- Back to homepage
Boston condos for sale near Downtown/Midtown Boston
Back Bay Boston condos
Beacon Hill Boston condos
Charlestown Boston condos
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos
Fenway Boston condos
Jamaica Plain Boston condos
Leather District Boston condos
Midtown Boston condos
Seaport District Boston condos
South Boston new condos
South End new condos
Waterfront new condos
North End new condos
West End new condos
East Boston condos
Condos around the Midtown area to rent:
Back Bay area condos for rent
Beacon Hill area condos for rent
Charlestown area condos for rent
Navy Yard Charlestown area condos for rent
Dorchester area condos for rent
Fenway area condos for rent
Jamaica Plain area condos for rent
Leather District area condos for rent
Midtown area condos for rent
Seaport District area condos for rent
South Boston area condos for rent
South End area condos for rent
Waterfront area condos for rent
North End area condos for rent
West End area condos for rent
East Boston area condos for rent
Click here: Boston Midtown Condos For Sale.