One of the most important parts of purchasing a Beacon Hill condo for sale is finding the right lender and loan options. Obtaining a Boston Beacon Hill mortgage for your condo will allow you to pay your purchasing costs in relatively small and feasible increments rather than paying for a unit outright. However, financing a Boston condo is a bit more challenging than financing a home. Strict standards can make it difficult to qualify for condo loans and these funding products often have higher interest rates compared to loans that are designed to fund the purchase of single-family homes.
The borrower and condo must qualify
With home loans, borrowers must prove their financial fitness to lenders. Lenders want to know that buyers can cover their ownership costs, maintain their property and property value, and still enjoy a comfortable quality of life. With condo loans, however, both buyers and condo associations must be lender-approved.
To qualify for a Beacon Hill condo loan, buyers will need to have regular, stable sources of income and stellar credit. They will also have to make down payments on their properties of approximately 15 to 25 percent. Condo associations cannot have pending litigation or forthcoming special assessments. These entities will also need to have sufficient budget reserves and all necessary forms of insurance. Fifty percent of all condo units will have to be owner-occupied and no single investor can own more than 10% of the units. These requirements ensure lenders remain in compliance with the lending guidelines that have been set forth by the Federal Housing Association (FHA).
When Boston Beacon Hill condo associations are not in compliance with FHA guidelines, buyers will have to fund the purchase themselves or try working with local banks. Properties like these are commonly referred to as “non-warrantable”. Getting funding from local banks for “non-warrantable” condos often entails down payments as high as 40 to 50 percent.
Applying for a Loan on an Approved Property
When both buyers and condo associations meet lending standards, the loan application process can be seamless and hassle-free. The first step in this process is to consult with a lender or mortgage broker to learn which products are best suited to your needs. Loan products are selected based upon a borrower’s credit rating, income and debt amounts, as well as his or her short and long-term purchasing goals. Consulting with a reputable mortgage broker gives buyers the opportunity to shop loans and lenders while learning more about the benefits and drawbacks of different funding options.
When you’re ready to make the move and become an official Downtown Boston condo resident, reach out to us. We know Downtown/Midtown condos and are ready to help you find your new Beacon Hill condo, loft, or penthouse.
Boston Condos for Sale Near Downtown Boston
Back Bay Boston condos for sale
Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
Charlestown Boston condos for sale
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos for sale
Fenway Boston condos for sale
Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
Leather District Boston condos for sale
Midtown/Downtown Boston condos for sale
Seaport District Boston condos for sale
South Boston condos for sale
South End Boston condos for sale
Waterfront condos for sale
North End condos for sale
West End condos for sale
East Boston condos for sale
Question & Answers Regarding Beacon Hill Condo For Sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Beacon Hill Condos For Sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale updated in real time.
- Beacon Hill condos for sale lowest priced to highest