If your property buying checklist includes a unit on the top floor of a high rise building, 360 degree views, or a 24-hour concierge, you’re likely looking for luxury condo in Beacon Hill or Midtown Boston. Although the process of high end real estate is the same as buying a lower priced home, there are a handful of mistakes that buyers commonly make.
Mistake 1: Not Enough Research
Market research is crucial when buying a Beacon Hill condo. Buyers need to make sure that the appraisal and asking price are in line with the current luxury market in Beacon Hill. Buyers should plan for a professional home inspection performed by a reliable home inspector who is familiar with the area.
Mistake 2: Lack of Financing Preapproval
Despite common misconceptions, there is only a small percentage of Boston luxury condo buyers that make all cash deals. The remainder of homebuyers must rely on financing. In the luxury condo market, sellers may restrict showings to individuals who have been preapproved, so it’s important to obtain mortgage approval, which can take anywhere between 45 and 60 days, prior to searching for a condo, loft, or penthouse in Beacon Hill.
Mistake 3: Underqualified Real Estate Agent
The typical Boston condo market is much different than the luxury housing market and or the Beacon Hill condo market, so your run-of-the-mill real estate agent likely isn’t experienced enough to help you in your quest for a luxury property in the downtown district. A qualified agent that specializes in luxury real estate downtown understands the valuation of high-end properties and his or her experience can find the right property for your needs, explain the amenities of specific buildings, and assist you with high-priced negotiations.
Mistake 4: Lack of Preparation
Since the buying process is a little more detailed in regards to Beacon Hill real estate, you will be required to provide more information. It is not uncommon for sellers – and lenders – to ask about your line of work, current assets, and even statements from accountants in an effort to ensure that your means are adequate enough to even be considered as a purchasing contender. Be prepared to present this documentation to solidify a deal.
Mistake 5: Not Considering Taxes and Down Payment
Even individuals looking at luxury properties need to set a budget. The budget should not only include the list price of the home, but property taxes. It is also vital to understand that required down payments will be larger and there will likely be different homeowner’s insurance requirements. All of these factors affect your buying budget, as well as your monthly payments, and even your approval amount.
Now that you know the most common mistakes of luxury real estate buyers, you’re ready to start your property search in Beacon Hill and speak to one of our experienced and professional real estate agents. We specialize in the downtown real estate and invite you to check out our inventory of luxury penthouses, lofts, and condos for sale in Downtown Boston. We look forward to hearing from you.
Optic/Map Beacon Hill Condo Search
View Boston Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Newest Beacon Hill Condos for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
- How to select a Beacon Hull broker
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Clutter Free
- Beacon Hill condos for sale:Security Tips
- Beacon Hill condo renters are misinformed
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale: Design trends
- Boston Beacon Hill condos: Fixer up
- 8 Beacon Hill condo designs
- How to sell your Beacon Hill condo using social media
- Boston Beacon Hill condo sales volume
- Wage increases make Beacon Hill condos more affordable
- Boston Beacon Hill condos the importance of high owner occupancy
- Why you should buy a Beacon Hill condo off season
- What do these Boston Beacon Hill condo terms mean?
Click here back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
Ford Realty – Boston Real Estate Google Reviews 2019 & 2020
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
John Ford, Broker
Janet Lamb, Vice President
137 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114
(617) 720-5454 (9:00 – 5:00 EST)
(617) 595-3712 (On Call Broker After Hours)
|Citizen US Born||4,022|
|Citizen not US Born||594|
|Moved from Abroad||154|
|Moved from Same Country||626|
|Moved from Same State||407|
|Moved from Different State||392|
|Same House as Last Year||3,472|
|Not for Profit Companies||643|
|Average People Per Household||2|
|Households with Children||304|
|Households without Children||2,228|
|Average Household Income||$159,432.38|
|Median Household Income||$107,838.00|
|People below Poverty Level||581|
|People above Poverty Level||4,107|
|Occupied Housing Units||2,532|
|Median Value with Mortgage||$698,850.00|
|Median Value without Mortgage||$916,950.00|
|Median Housing Costs per Month||$2,286.00|
|No High School||37|
|Some High School||448|
|Bus or TrolleyBus||148|
Click Here: Back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
Back to homepage: Boston condos for sale
Ford Realty – Boston Real Estate Google Reviews 2019
Back Bay Boston condos for sale
Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
Charlestown Boston condos for sale
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos for sale
Fenway Boston condos for sale
Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
Leather District Boston condos for sale
Midtown/Downtown Boston condos for sale
Seaport District Boston condos for sale
South Boston condos for sale
South End Boston condos for sale
Waterfront condos for sale
North End condos for sale
West End condos for sale
East Boston condos for sale