How else can you describe it?
The Massachusetts office of Economic Development is giving out $76 million in grants to 21 development projects, including $10 million to Columbus Center, a long-delayed hotel, residential, and retail project that is to straddle the Massachusetts Turnpike between the Back Bay and South End.
“This state grant, requested by the city for Columbus Center, is a significant step toward reaching our mutual objective of a groundbreaking this summer,” said a spokesman for Columbus Center developers Arthur Winn and Roger Cassin.
The money is supposedly to be used to improve infrastructure such as roads and water systems and to increase economic development, but details on what this means for the Columbus Center project, specifically, were not announced.
Now, I’m all for development, including this one.
As long as it’s not my money that’s going to pay for it.
State awards $76m in development grants – By Thomas C. Palmer Jr., The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $650k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $650k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $650k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $650k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $650k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $650k – $1M
- Leather District condos $650k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 650k – $1M
- South Boston condos $650k – $1M
- South End condos $650k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $650k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.