Fun little piece in the Globe today about “The Departed” and locations in Boston used during the filming.
As mentioned in the article, it’d be pretty near impossible for Matt Damon to live in an apartment where the film says he does – his view of the State House would only be possible in a helicopter. Some of the Ritz-Carlton condos might have the view, but are further away than what was portrayed in the film. I’d put him right about where the DPH building is, or Tremont on the Common, but, again, I don’t think he’d get that view.
The new Residences at the InterContinental get a lot of exposure in the film, in one of the best scenes. Mssrs. Damon and DiCaprio duke it out on top of a building on A Street or Sleeper Street, with the rising glass tower as their backdrop.
One location the article doesn’t mention is the corner store where Jack Nicholson first meets Matt Damon, as a child (if I remember correctly). It is in South Boston for real, I think, at the corner of K Street and … Eighth Street?
On a related note, did anyone notice at the end of “War of the Worlds” that Tom Cruise’s parents live near the corner of Bond and Taylor Streets? (The film suggests the parents live on Beacon Hill, but those streets are in the South End.) Who was the assistant production designer who did the research on that? Local guy/gal?
Setting the scene: See where it all went down on a ‘Departed’ tour of Boston – By Meredith Goldstein, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018