Lots of people throw around statistics.
I am skeptical of most of them (the statistics, not the people).
Regarding foreclosures, I’ve never trusted the data put out by ForeclosuresMass.com; I’m sorry, but I’ve just been skeptical of them. I haven’t been able to figure out exactly how they calculate their numbers, and I think they double count, somewhere.
The Warren Group, on the other hand, has been in business for a long time, and are very experienced in data collection. They can be relied upon to give up good information.
Petitions to foreclose on Massachusetts homeowners rose nearly 70 percent in 2006, and the number of distressed properties that went to auction increased 46 percent, a report said today.
The report is from The Warren Group of Boston, publisher of Banker & Tradesman and a provider of New England real estate data.
In Suffolk County, which includes Boston, petitions to foreclose jumped 79 percent in 2006, the report said.
Oh, so what do I think about the number of foreclosures?
On a percentage basis, the number of loans going into some stage of foreclosure is still historically low, I believe under 2%, on a national basis. We’ll have to wait to see what happens, in the future.
Source: Foreclosure filings up 70 percent in 2006 – By Chris Reidy, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018