As home-sale prices rise, so does the net equity holdings of homeowners — and, boy, has it grown in recent months.
Since 2011, the net home equity holdings of Americans rose by $1.7 trillion. But $500 billion of that growth occurred in just the past three months alone.
To give you an idea how important that is to the economy, let’s say that various homeowners borrow 10 percent against that last $500 billion over the course of the next year. That’s $50 billion pumping through the economy — and much of it through the home-remodeling industry in particular — that wasn’t there before. In turn, that means more architects, designers, contractors, carpenters, electricians etc. working.
The Globe recently did a big story on how the remodeling industry is recovering fast in Greater Boston. Not all of it is driven by borrowing. Still, a healthy housing market, not surprisingly, leads to more confident homeowners willing to re-invest in homes.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018