The Massachusetts Horticultural Society has had twelve years to put together funding for their planned project on land where the Central Artery once stood. (Their project was called “Gardens Under Glass”, and figured prominently in designs of the Greenway released early in the Big Dig’s history.)
They haven’t been able to get their act together.
It’s time for this to stop, and the rights transferred to a group that can build something, and soon.
And, it looks like that’s what’s going to happen.
The board created to run the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway Conservancy in downtown Boston wants the Massachusetts Horticultural Society stripped of its right to occupy three prime blocks of the new parkland near South Station.
Frustrated by lack of progress on the 30 acres of parks and cultural institutions intended to replace the old Central Artery, the conservancy board made that request yesterday to the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority, which is running the Greenway project as part of the Big Dig.
It is one of several recommendations designed to speed development and hasten the conservancy’s control over the corridor.
Complete story: Greenway board wants horticultural society out – By Thomas C. Palmer Jr., The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to view condos or apartments or to set up an appointment to see one please call 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018