Blame it on low inventory.
For the second month in a row, single-family home sales in Massachusetts fell in March, by 3.6 percent, while median prices rose by 8 percent to $285,000, according to the Warren Group.
The same pattern held for condos: Sales down by 2 percent, while prices rose by a more modest 1.5 percent to $261,000, the Warren Group said.
The company’s editorial director made the obvious observation: High demand plus low supply = higher prices. The head-scratcher is trying to figure when more sellers might jump the market. Otherwise, this is now classic economics at work.
File under: Economics 101
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018