The Globe has a fun story on all the temporary “pop-up shops” popping up on Beacon Hill, the Back Bay and elsewhere this holiday season.
Pop-up shops, which open for a few weeks in vacant retail store space, now include Piknik Art & Apparel (“home of international style and contemporary art”) at 70 Charles Street and Flowering Rock (“medicinal, botanical teas. Tiles and tapestries too”), also at 70 Charles Street. Other nearby pop-up shops are on Newbury, Tremont and Stuart streets.
Also known as “flash retailers,” pop-ups are a great business concept for smaller retailers who can’t afford long-term leases and yet need some storefront exposure. Landlords and neighborhoods also benefit from not having ugly vacant storefronts during key shopping periods.
Here’s a brief history of pop-up retail.
File under: Smart idea
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.