4.8% year-over-year decline in home sales.
Largest decline in more than 3 years.
Second straight month of decline.
On the positive side:
12% wage gain in the last 5 years.
41% price gain in the last 5 years
Sales of detached single-family homes and condominiums softened in December amid appreciating home prices and rising inventory, according to data released today by the Greater Boston Association of REALTORS® (GBAR).
The 1,027 single-family detached homes sold in December 2017 was a 9.7 percent decrease in sales from the 1,137 homes sold in December 2016. This total was the seventh-highest on record for the month of December, and is above the monthly sales average since 2003 of 984 homes sold. The condo market also experienced a decrease in sales as 793 units were sold in December 2017, which reflects of a 14.3 percent drop in sales from the 925 units sold in December 2016, which is also the record high for December. This was the eighth most active December on record for condo sales and sits above the historical monthly average of 772 units sold.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018