Redfin’s Boston website is up and live.
I’d be interested to hear what people think about it.
The company’s official press release, below.
Redfin Launches Real Estate E-Commerce Service for the Boston Area
Boston Market Inaugurates Redfin Expansion to East Coast
BOSTON, April 26, 2007: Online real estate broker Redfin Corporation today launched its real estate e-commerce service in Boston. Separately, Redfin also today launched a new version of its website with a new color scheme and logo, better performance and simpler navigation.
Redfin is the first major online real estate brokerage to open for business in Boston, with coverage across Essex, Norfolk, Middlesex and Suffolk counties, which includes Cambridge, Concord, Lowell, Newton, Marlborough and Stoughton. Boston is the first East Coast market Redfin has opened as part of a national expansion effort that began with its February launch in Southern California.
For customers who can find a home to buy on their own, the premise of the Redfin service is to use technology to offer better service from offer to close than a traditional agent, and to refund most of the commission. Boston-area consumers now can buy or sell MLS-listed properties online, using the Web to gather basic information and then work with a local, experienced Redfin agent on pricing, negotiations and escrow.
Massachusetts buyers who work with Redfin get two-thirds of the commission refunded at closing; for a $500,000 house offering a typical three percent commission to the buyer’s agent, the refund would be $10,000. For a $1 million house, the refund would be $20,000. Redfin also offers each home-buyer a free afternoon of home tours, scheduled via its website.
Sellers pay a flat fee of $3,000, saving $12,000 over a typical seller’s agent commission of three percent on a $500,000 house. Unlike any other brokerage, Redfin pays its agents bonuses based on customer satisfaction, not commissions, and offers a 100-percent-customer-satisfaction guarantee, refunding all commissions and fees if the customer is dissatisfied.
Redfin Boston expansion increases the number of listings available on Redfin site by more than 20,000.
Boston is chock full of the kinds of consumers likely to use our service: under 45, highly educated, technology-savvy said Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman.CEO her reason we were eager to launch this market in the spring is that the lead engineer for our expansion is a die-hard Red Sox fan who becomes useless as the season heats up.
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is the real estate industry’s first online brokerage, currently available in Greater Boston, the San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Seattle and Southern California, including Los Angeles, Orange County, the Inland Empire and San Diego. By combining maps, listings, tax records, analytics and eyewitness property reviews, Redfin has become one of the most popular brokerage sites. Customers who use Redfin.com to buy or sell properties earn a refund of most of the commission traditionally due their broker, and get full support in paperwork, offer presentation, negotiations and closing. Redfin has one of the highest customer satisfaction rates in the industry, and is the only brokerage with a 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee. To give the Redfin service a try, visit www.redfin.com, or keep track of our daring exploits via our blog, at blog.redfin.com.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Boston condos for sale near Downtown/Midtown Boston
Back Bay Boston condos
Beacon Hill Boston condos
Charlestown Boston condos
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos
Fenway Boston condos
Jamaica Plain Boston condos
Leather District Boston condos
Midtown Boston condos
Seaport District Boston condos
South Boston new condos
South End new condos
Waterfront new condos
North End new condos
West End new condos
East Boston condos
Condos around the Midtown area to rent:
Back Bay area condos for rent
Beacon Hill area condos for rent
Charlestown area condos for rent
Navy Yard Charlestown area condos for rent
Dorchester area condos for rent
Fenway area condos for rent
Jamaica Plain area condos for rent
Leather District area condos for rent
Midtown area condos for rent
Seaport District area condos for rent
South Boston area condos for rent
South End area condos for rent
Waterfront area condos for rent
North End area condos for rent
West End area condos for rent
East Boston area condos for rent
Click here: Boston Midtown Condos For Sale.