From the press release:
ROSLINDALE – Demolition began yesterday on the closed F.J. Higgins Funeral Home on Washington Street in Roslindale Village, making way for Parkside on Adams, a new mixed-use project with 43 apartments that includes a restoration and repurposing of the adjacent historic MBTA Substation.
Development partners in the project include Historic Boston Inc., Roslindale Village Main Street, Inc., and Peregrine Group LLC of Rumford, RI.
Peregrine Group purchased the funeral home on July 24, 2014, and began demolition of the building on Monday, July 28, for the new apartment structure. The entire project, located across from the popular Adams Park, includes both the former Higgins Funeral Home site as well as the substation.
The Roslindale Substation, an 8,000-square-foot former switching and transformer station that was originally part of Boston’s elevated railway network, preceding the existence of the MBTA, is at 4228 Washington St.
“Peregrine is very excited to be embarking on our first project in the Greater Boston Area,” said Jordan Stone, Principal Partner of Peregrine Group. “We are looking forward to our continued team effort with both Roslindale Village Main Street and Historic Boston on this development.”
Roslindale Village Main Street and Historic Boston were originally tasked by the Boston Redevelopment Authority in 2001 with figuring out a feasible development plan for the long-empty Roslindale Substation in Roslindale Village. After further study at the request of the BRA in 2011, they played a critical role of acquiring the properties and assembling the development opportunity.
Peregrine joined as the master developer in late 2012, and the three partners purchased three parcels of land owned by Higgins Funeral Home. Pending zoning approval, the substation property is slated to be transferred in this month from the Boston Redevelopment Authority to a limited liability company controlled by Peregrine Group, in which HBI and Roslindale Village Main Street will be included as limited partners.
- For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Boston condos for sale near Downtown/Midtown Boston
Back Bay Boston condos
Beacon Hill Boston condos
Charlestown Boston condos
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos
Fenway Boston condos
Jamaica Plain Boston condos
Leather District Boston condos
Midtown Boston condos
Seaport District Boston condos
South Boston new condos
South End new condos
Waterfront new condos
North End new condos
West End new condos
East Boston condos
Condos around the Midtown area to rent:
Back Bay area condos for rent
Beacon Hill area condos for rent
Charlestown area condos for rent
Navy Yard Charlestown area condos for rent
Dorchester area condos for rent
Fenway area condos for rent
Jamaica Plain area condos for rent
Leather District area condos for rent
Midtown area condos for rent
Seaport District area condos for rent
South Boston area condos for rent
South End area condos for rent
Waterfront area condos for rent
North End area condos for rent
West End area condos for rent
East Boston area condos for rent
Click here: Boston Midtown Condos For Sale.