The BBJ has a list the 20 most valuable homes in Boston, based on property-tax assessments.
Yes, the BBJ knows full well that assessments aren’t necessarily the best way to measure true value, but, as it explains, it’s still a fun way to analyze the market.
Not surprisingly, Beacon Hill and Back Bay dominate the list, and the Back Bay can lay claim to the highest assessed residential property in the city.
But Louisburg Square and its properties are really the stars of the slide show.
Come to think of it, Louisburg Square has been the residential star of Boston for centuries.
The photo above, circa 1930s, is via the Wikipedia Creative Commons.
Here’s a quick excerpt from Wikipedia’s entry on Louisburg Square: “It was named for the 1745 Battle of Louisbourg (in Canada), in which Massachusetts militiamen led by William Pepperrell, who was made the first American baronet for his role, sacked the French fortress located on the site.”
Didn’t know that. Learn something new every day.
Here’s the BBJ slide show.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018