I just want to clarify (correct) something I read in the newspaper, yesterday.
The majority of Massachusetts’ towns and cities are not “drowning in homes” (for sale).
Inventory levels are not high, right now.
You can debate as much as you’d like about why inventory isn’t higher (owners have given up, etc., etc., etc.) but you cannot contradict facts.
And, the facts are that, as of right now, MLSPIN, the multiple listing service used throughout most of Eastern Massachusetts, shows 13,000 condos and 26,000 single-family homes for sale.
I can’t find the data, but I believe we saw as many as 60,000 properties listed for sale at the same time, back in late 2005.
Challenge those who say things you know not to be true.
(** On a related note, I don’t know whether or not financial companies are “repossessing a record number of homes from owners who can no longer afford their mortgages.” Can someone please provide a source?)
Source: Wheeling and dealing – By Kimberly Blanton, Globe Staff and Bob Carroll, Globe Correspondent, The Boston Globe
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Click Here: Back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
- Tips on buying a Boston real estate
- Boston real estate buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Boston real estate for sale
- Benefits of buying a Boston real estrate condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
- How to select a Boston real estate broker
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Clutter Free
- Beacon Hill condos for sale:Security Tips
- Beacon Hill condo renters are misinformed
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale: Design trends
- Boston Boston real estae: Fixer up
- 8 Beacon Hill condo designs
- How to sell your Midtown condo using social media
- Boston Boston real estate sales volume
- Wage increases make Boston real estate less or more affordable
- Boston Boston condos the importance of high owner occupancy
- Why you should buy a Boston real estate off season
- The defintions of Boston real estate terms and what they mean?
- UPDATED 2020