Our state is very close to becoming the first in the nation to require health insurance for all its residents.
The cost of health insurance isn’t cheap. Many people will have a hard time affording it for themselves and their families.
The alternative is, everyone else pays when the uninsured go to the doctor or to the hospital.
I like option #1, a lot more.
It’s been a tortuous process, to get this far, this close.
Most individuals will be required to have health insurance by July 1, 2007. Lower-income residents will be able to have their insurance subsidized by the state, and the very poor will have their coverage paid for, completely.
Not everyone is happy about the regulations.
One group, The Greater Boston Interfaith Organization, “has heavily lobbied the state to exempt all families under 500 percent of federal poverty level from the individual mandate to obtain health insurance coverage by July 1.”
This would, in effect, gut the entire program, making it “universal healthcare” in name only.
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority will discuss this starting tomorrow, at 2 p.m., in the 21st floor conference room at One Ashburton Place in Boston.
Source: Mass. to begin debate on health insurance affordability standards – By Mark Hollmer, Boston Business Journal
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.