Are you self employed and wondering if you can get a mortgage to purchase a Beacon Hill condo for sale? According to a recent Zillow study conducted the self-employed receive significantly fewer purchase loan quotes even though they make roughly 80% more money than other prospective borrowers. One major factor contributing to the struggles of the self-employed getting a mortgage is their credit score being below 680. Do not let your credit score get you down as a self-employed individual as this is only one piece of the mortgage process. Make sure that you have a great presentation to deliver to your lender so they have something to leverage other than that lower credit score.
When getting approved for loans lenders look at eight items for a successful mortgage with specific rules pertaining to what they will accept and what they will not accept. If you get a good grasp on these eight items and work with your loan representative to present yourself in a way that makes you shine it will make the process a little less frightening. Here are some details on the eight items loan representatives are most interested in looking at: Credit Score, Occupancy, Property Type, Loan Product, Loan Amount, Loan to Value Ratio, Debt to Income Ratio, and Reserves after you Close.
Credit scores higher than 740 will be eligible for all loan programs and the most competitive interest rates. Credit scores in the 700-740 with be eligible for most loan programs, but with slightly higher interest rates. Credit scores lower than 700 will limit some loan options and interest rates will be higher. One question to ask your mortgage representative is whether or not there are credit score exceptions if the other 7 factors strongly support your financial affordability.
Beacon Hill Mortgage Lenders
Mortgage Lenders look at the occupancy of the Beacon Hill condo with owner-occupied properties being the lowest risk and secure the most competitive interest rates. Second homes are considered more of a risk, while rental properties carry the highest risk for lenders, and come with the highest interest rates.
Single-Family Home vs. Beacon Hill Condo
Looking into buying a Home vs. a Beacon Hill Condo? This also plays a role in financing your future purchase. Single family homes are the least risky while Beacon Hill condo’s carry a risk due to the homeowners association’s financial health. When purchasing 2-4 unit properties these become even more risky to lenders, with the exception of you living in one unit and renting the others. Downtown San DiegoLofts and Condos also have the factors of building litigation which causes other financing issues. When purchasing a Beacon Hill condo with litigation you need to have at least 20% or more of a down payment.
Ultimately, you will want to create the best presentation of your financial situation in order to begin the process of purchasing property as a self-employed individual. Make sure you do your research and pick a lender who specializes in this area.
Question & Answers Regarding Beacon Hill Condo For Sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Beacon Hill Condos For Sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale updated in real time.
- Beacon Hill condos for sale lowest priced to highest
- Back to homepage
Boston condos for sale near Downtown/Midtown Boston
Back Bay Boston condos
Beacon Hill Boston condos
Charlestown Boston condos
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos
Fenway Boston condos
Jamaica Plain Boston condos
Leather District Boston condos
Midtown Boston condos
Seaport District Boston condos
South Boston new condos
South End new condos
Waterfront new condos
North End new condos
West End new condos
East Boston condos
Condos around the Midtown area to rent:
Back Bay area condos for rent
Beacon Hill area condos for rent
Charlestown area condos for rent
Navy Yard Charlestown area condos for rent
Dorchester area condos for rent
Fenway area condos for rent
Jamaica Plain area condos for rent
Leather District area condos for rent
Midtown area condos for rent
Seaport District area condos for rent
South Boston area condos for rent
South End area condos for rent
Waterfront area condos for rent
North End area condos for rent
West End area condos for rent
East Boston area condos for rent