The BBJ has a good story (sub. req.) about how the sales of homes in the state are improving, prompting a lot of usually pretty reliable experts to say they see recovery on the way.
But there’s an interesting twist: The sale of multi-family buildings, for two or three families, isn’t recovering much, puzzling experts, who say it’s usually the first area of the housing market to attract investors and rebound.
Some amateur guesses why: 1.) There aren’t that many triple-deckers left in general, after so many of them were purchased and split up into condos years ago. 2.) people can’t afford larger homes in this economy (and banks are also requiring bigger down payments). 3.) There are better deals, at least these days, in the single-family market.
Anyway, the overall housing picture seems to be slowly improving.
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENT
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for saleand rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.