Chapter 91 license has been granted to Chicago-based Equity Office Properties by the state Department of Environmental Protection for its redevelopment of Russia Wharf.
This is the final hurdle for the long-planned project on land that contains three historic buildings at Fort Point Channel.
Although the original plan for the property included a 300-room hotel, that was later watered-down in favor of a â€œboutiqueâ€? hotel, and there is no hotel in the final plan.
According to GlobeSt.com:
Under the current plan, EOP will restore the Russia building at 530 Atlantic Avenue and â€œis restoring significant historical elements of the other two buildings, Graphic Arts and Tufts,â€? which are at 270 and 286 Congress, respectively.
These three will be converted into 200 housing units and 31,000 SF of retail, civic and restaurant space. Above them, Equity will build a new 31-story office building with an aggregate of 500,000 SF. There will also be outdoor public areas, including one-third acre of open space.
The historic, seven-story buildings now aggregate 313,000 SF. They were built in 1899, renovated in 1980 and are currently leased to office tenants.
The architect is Boston-based Childs Bertman Tseckares Inc.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about properties for sale/rent or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS 2018
- Boston Back Bay condos
- Boston Beacon Hill condos
- Boston Charlestown condos
- Boston Charlestown Navy Yard condos
- Boston Dorchester condos
- Boston Downtown Condos
- Boston High Rise Condos
- Boston Condos $1M
- Fenway B0ston condos
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos
- Boston Leather District condos
- Boston Midtown Condos
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
December 2017 1st Quarter 2018
Buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Boston condos for sale near Downtown/Midtown Boston
Back Bay Boston condos
Beacon Hill Boston condos
Charlestown Boston condos
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos
Fenway Boston condos
Jamaica Plain Boston condos
Leather District Boston condos
Midtown Boston condos
Seaport District Boston condos
South Boston new condos
South End new condos
Waterfront new condos
North End new condos
West End new condos
East Boston condos
Condos around the Midtown area to rent:
Back Bay area condos for rent
Beacon Hill area condos for rent
Charlestown area condos for rent
Navy Yard Charlestown area condos for rent
Dorchester area condos for rent
Fenway area condos for rent
Jamaica Plain area condos for rent
Leather District area condos for rent
Midtown area condos for rent
Seaport District area condos for rent
South Boston area condos for rent
South End area condos for rent
Waterfront area condos for rent
North End area condos for rent
West End area condos for rent
East Boston area condos for rent
Click here: Boston Midtown Condos For Sale.