We keep hearing that Boston condo for sale inventory is growing, but what does that mean?
In the traditional way that the Boston media reports it, a growing inventory means that there are more active listings of homes for sale. The assumption is made that this is ‘good’ and ‘getting back to normal’.
But if they would look deeper, they would realize that a growing inventory of active listings means downtown Boston real estate listings aren’t selling. In almost every case, it’s because they are over-priced.
If the downtown Boston real estate market hits stall speed, where buyers aren’t willing to pay whatever it takes just to buy something, then a slowdown is in order.
Here is my hypothesis why a ‘slowdown’ for the rest of 2020 and the first 3 months of 2021 would be great and set the stage for an incredible Spring, 2021.
For the last 12 months, the sky has been the limit for sellers, who put any price on their home and buyers paid that or more – often waiving the appraisal contingency.
With over-priced homes not selling, we’ll have additional pricing parameters.
In areas where a few motivated sellers might be doing the stare-down, an old fashioned price war could break out.
With prices having gone up 20% to 25% in the last year, sellers who need to sell might take a little less to get it done, and still call it a win.
The buyers who have been turned off by the frenzy will enjoy seeing more inventory lying around – and keep the demand healthy.
Realtors have gotten away with sloppy pricing this year, but hopefully, that will change once their listings start sitting around.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: Boston Real Estate for Sale 2020
Buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all-cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must-know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it takes to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Boston condos for sale near Downtown/Midtown Boston
Back Bay Boston condos
Beacon Hill Boston condos
Charlestown Boston condos
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos
Fenway Boston condos
Jamaica Plain Boston condos
Leather District Boston condos
Midtown Boston condos
Seaport District Boston condos
South Boston new condos
South End new condos
Waterfront new condos
North End new condos
West End new condos
East Boston condos
Condos around the Midtown area to rent:
Back Bay area condos for rent
Beacon Hill area condos for rent
Charlestown area condos for rent
Navy Yard Charlestown area condos for rent
Dorchester area condos for rent
Fenway area condos for rent
Jamaica Plain area condos for rent
Leather District area condos for rent
Midtown area condos for rent
Seaport District area condos for rent
South Boston area condos for rent
South End area condos for rent
Waterfront area condos for rent
North End area condos for rent
West End area condos for rent
East Boston area condos for rent
Click here: Boston Midtown Condos For Sale.