The following information is from the local MLS database, as of December 1, 2007, compared to (November 23, 2007) (December 2, 2006 – where available).
Total # of condos for sale in the city of Boston: 2,319 (2,325) (2,423)
Average # of days on market: 139 (138) (139)
Number of condos sold (closed) over past 30 days: 266 (257) (253)
Average days on market, sold units: 89 (94) (112)
Ratio, closing (sales) price to original (list) price: 94% (94%) (93%)
Number of properties going under agreement, last 30 days: 250 (256) (291)
Average days on market: 104 (108) (N/A)
Total Market Volume (Velocity): $145,168,637 ($124,693,567) (N/A)
(Velocity is the # of units sold during last 30 days multiplied by the $ amount)
My thoughts: Looks as though some high-priced properties closed over the past wee, increasing total market volume by $20 million.
(*** Actually, there was a big closing this week … see following story …)
Search MLS and/or sign up for access to MLS
Based on information provided to and compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. covering the period 11/01/2007 through 12/01/2007, and the period 11/02/2006 through 12/02/2006.
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018