Here’s an interesting post on Boston’s beloved triple-deckers homes, most of them built in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
A number of points:
1.) It’s fascinating that construction of triple-deckers literally tracked, no pun intended, the building of new trolley lines in the city and to other “streetcar suburbs.”
2.) There seems to be debate about whether they’re called “triple deckers” or “three deckers.”
Well, there’s no debate here about what to call them: They’re “triple-deckers.” The city of Boston itself officially describes them as “triple deckers.” So who are these “three-decker” interlopers who dare question the linguistic authority of Mayor Menino himself?
3.) Did you know there’s a special “3D Members Discount” at local hardware stores for triple-decker owners? It’s true. You learn something new every day.
4.) Apparently, according to this Wikipedia entry, triple-deckers were also popular as far south as New Jersey. But they’re mostly associated with New England, Massachusetts and Rhode Island in particular. Worcester and Fall River also have a ton of them.
Obviously, Somerville, Cambridge, etc. have a lot of triple-deckers as well. Somerville, it should be noted, is arguably the triple-decker capital of the world, in addition to being an All-American City.
Photo via city of Boston.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boston condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston High Rise Condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos
- Boston Dowtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Boston condos for sale near Downtown/Midtown Boston
Back Bay Boston condos
Beacon Hill Boston condos
Charlestown Boston condos
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos
Fenway Boston condos
Jamaica Plain Boston condos
Leather District Boston condos
Midtown Boston condos
Seaport District Boston condos
South Boston new condos
South End new condos
Waterfront new condos
North End new condos
West End new condos
East Boston condos
Condos around the Midtown area to rent:
Back Bay area condos for rent
Beacon Hill area condos for rent
Charlestown area condos for rent
Navy Yard Charlestown area condos for rent
Dorchester area condos for rent
Fenway area condos for rent
Jamaica Plain area condos for rent
Leather District area condos for rent
Midtown area condos for rent
Seaport District area condos for rent
South Boston area condos for rent
South End area condos for rent
Waterfront area condos for rent
North End area condos for rent
West End area condos for rent
East Boston area condos for rent
Click here: Boston Midtown Condos For Sale.