As the owner of a Beacon Hill condo, you should not be surprised to get multiple offers when your condominium is listed for sale. For many housing markets across the United States, bidding wars among prospective buyers have been called the “new normal” of real estate transactions since 2016, and this trend is bound to continue in Beacon Hill this year. With market conditions favoring Beacon Hill condo sellers, there are a few things that may happen when your unit hits the MLS.
Understand Bids Do Not Equal Purchase Prices
For the most part, Beacon Hill offers made by buyers are conjectures that may not always reflect the actual and final sale price. Keep in mind the highest bidder is only trying to move to the next stage of the buying process, which would be to sign a purchase contract, and which will likely involve pricing negotiations. It is not unusual for buyers who win bidding wars to lower their offers when the contract is drafted. In fact, you should expect to settle on a realistic price that is lower than the highest bid.
Get Real Estate Representation
Some Beacon Hill condo owners erroneously believe a seller’s market will enable them to list their properties on a For Sale by Owner (FSBO) basis, thereby forgoing a listing agent. However, this is a poor strategy that often ends up attracting the wrong kind of buyers who may have ulterior motives for engaging in bidding wars. In recent years, studies by the National Association of Realtors indicate that FSBO transactions close 13 percent lower than those handled by real estate agents, and these listings take six weeks longer to close even when market conditions clearly favor sellers.
Remember Price Is Not Always Everything
Beacon Hill real estate professionals tend to approach outlandish bids with caution. Prospective buyers who enter very high bids could be putting themselves in a position that stretches their finances, therefore reducing the chances of getting a mortgage approval. It is more important to consider bids from buyers who bring plenty of cash to the table. These may be foreign investors who know the lender will only grant them a 50 percent loan-to-value ratio mortgage, which are usually easy to approve.
Research Real Market Conditions
When the Beacon Hill condo market heats up to the point of resembling the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, every homeowner becomes a property investor, and this is when it pays to have a professional by your side. Shrewd bidders may have contingencies that extend the closing. This tactic is used by investors who want to buy time and wait for the market to heat up even more so they can become flippers. Real estate agents keep their fingers on the pulse of the market, and they will let you know when certain bids are more beneficial even though they may not be the highest
View Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. New 2020 Season
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Beacon Hill Condo Sales Data Updated in Real Time
Click the kink below for Beacon Hill condo sales charts:
Beacon Hill Condos – Open Houses
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Beacon Hill Charity Donation
My new goal for the Fall of 2019 is to provide a percentage of our Beacon Hill Real Estate commission to fight Alzheimer’s
Select us to represent you either as a buyer or seller’s agent and we’ll give back a portion of the sales commission to find a cure for this awful disease.
- Having a recent love one suffer and died from this illness broke my heart. Please let us work together to find a cure.
- Ford Realty has been in business for over 20 years.
- Ford Realty Inc has several 2019 positive Google Reviews
- For more information email email@example.com. You can call or send us a text @ 617-595-3712.
- Thank you
Buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
- How to select a Beacon Hull broker
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Clutter Free
- Beacon Hill condos for sale:Security Tips
- Beacon Hill condo renters are misinformed
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale: Design trends
- Boston Beacon Hill condos: Fixer up
- 8 Beacon Hill condo designs
- How to sell your Beacon Hill condo using social media
- Boston Beacon Hill condo sales volume
- Wage increases make Beacon Hill condos more affordable
- Boston Beacon Hill condos the importance of high owner occupancy
- Why you should buy a Beacon Hill condo off season
- What do these Boston Beacon Hill condo terms mean?
Click Here: Back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
Back to homepage: Boston condos for sale
Ford Realty – Boston Real Estate Google Reviews 2019
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale
Back Bay Boston condos for sale
Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
Charlestown Boston condos for sale
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos for sale
Fenway Boston condos for sale
Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
Leather District Boston condos for sale
Midtown/Downtown Boston condos for sale
Seaport District Boston condos for sale
South Boston condos for sale
South End Boston condos for sale
Waterfront condos for sale
North End condos for sale
West End condos for sale
East Boston condos for sale