Is it possible that the Boston Assessor’s office may be on track to consider reassessing Boston condos that may have lost value since the pandemic hit?
The assumption here is if residents are moving out of downtown Boston will condominiums see a reduction in value for 2021?
The Assessor’s office was very busy reassessing residential property during the financial crisis. Owners of condos in large buildings and high rises could now probably make a case for their values going down in 2021 as buyers have turned to single-family homes or smaller condo buildings with outdoor space.
If you are planning to buy a Beacon Hill condo in Massachusetts, property tax should be kept in mind to ensure you can afford the Boston condo of your dreams. Condos, like other types of property, require the owner to pay property tax.
Boston condo tax rate
There are two main factors needed to determine how much property tax you are going to pay. The first is the tax rate, a number formulated by counties and oftentimes regulated by the state. While tax rates are subject to change annually, they generally fluctuate only slightly, so you don’t have to worry about property tax payments skyrocketing overnight.
Boston condo market value
The second factor in determining amount of property tax due is the market value of your Beacon Hill condo. The market value of a condo identifies things such as the condo’s location, supply and demand of other properties in the area, internal characteristics such as the number of bedrooms and construction quality, and external characteristics like 24-hour security and shared outdoor space. Other condos recently sold with similar features, also referred to as comparable Boston real estate agents as the keyway of determining market value.
Boston real estate and the bottom line
Once you’ve found out the tax rate and property value, the two numbers will be multiplied to determine the annual property tax owed. While this number will not be significant, it is important to include in your costs for buying a condo in Downtown Boston so your budget correct.
For more information about buying a condo, loft, or penthouse in Downtown Boston, reach out to the experienced and professional real estate agents at Ford Realty. We work, live, and play in Beacon Hill and can find you the perfect property that meets your individual needs, no matter what stage in life you’re in. Call us for more information or to request a showing.
Filed Under: What goes up must come down
Back Bay Boston condos for sale
Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
Charlestown Boston condos for sale
Navy Yard Charlestown Boston condos
Dorchester Boston condos for sale
Fenway Boston condos for sale
Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
Leather District Boston condos for sale
Midtown/Downtown Boston condos for sale
Seaport District Boston condos for sale
South Boston condos for sale
South End Boston condos for sale
Waterfront condos for sale
North End condos for sale
West End condos for sale
East Boston condos for sale
Question & Answers Regarding Beacon Hill Condo For Sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all-cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must-know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Beacon Hill Condos For Sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale updated in real-time.
- Beacon Hill condos for sale lowest priced to highest