The Herald reviews the new 210 South Street condo development, down near South Station, in the Leather District.
Sixteen condos are still available at 210 South St., a 1919 building converted into 54 one- and two-bedroom units last year.
Once hosting companies involved in leather-products design and assembly, 210 South St. retains its ornamental friezes, pilasters and arched pediments. But developers enhanced these by adding contemporary marble facing to the structureâ€™s original columns.
A completely redone front lobby features salmon-colored marble floors, blond wood paneling and 7 a.m.-7 p.m. concierge service.
Two elevators redone in stainless steel whisk you up to the condos.
Every floor has an enclosed landing with a black-slate floor and wainscoted, painted walls. Carpeted hallways feature the buildingâ€™s original mushroom columns, lit by overhead stainless-steel fixtures.
It looks like the developer is willing to deal. The unit profiled in the story had its price dropped by $100,000, and the developer is throwing in a year of free parking or condo fees as well.
More: Leather District Living: Reduced-price condo has quality touches – By Paul Restuccia, The Boston Herald
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Click Here: Back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
- Tips on buying a Boston real estate
- Boston real estate buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Boston real estate for sale
- Benefits of buying a Boston real estrate condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
- How to select a Boston real estate broker
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Clutter Free
- Beacon Hill condos for sale:Security Tips
- Beacon Hill condo renters are misinformed
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale: Design trends
- Boston Boston real estae: Fixer up
- 8 Beacon Hill condo designs
- How to sell your Midtown condo using social media
- Boston Boston real estate sales volume
- Wage increases make Boston real estate less or more affordable
- Boston Boston condos the importance of high owner occupancy
- Why you should buy a Boston real estate off season
- The defintions of Boston real estate terms and what they mean?UP
- UPDATED 2020