Difference between renting a Beacon Hill condo and apartment complex
Tenant responsible for paying electricity. Owner pays gas, water, and trash in their condo dues.
No pet rent. Owner asks for a pet deposit which is refundable if no pet damage.
Included (if parking space owned with unit, most condos come with at least 1 space)
Included (if storage cage/room owned with the unit)
Within 30 days or less.
May be negotiable if signing a 2 year or longer lease and/or able to occupy the condo immediately minimizing vacancy for the owner. Based on good credit.
Same as 1 month’s rent
Varies. But If a good tenant in place, most times the owner will choose to keep the rental rate the same.
(All units in the building are rentals)
Tenant responsible for utilities.
Most buildings charge a monthly pet rent in addition to the pet security deposit.
May cost additional.
May cost additional.
More units so sometimes has flexibility if you’re the type who likes to sign a lease 2 months in advance.
Leasing office may offer a number of weeks free rent based on their occupancy rate and the length of lease you’re signing.
Leasing office charges a minimal fee to entice you to move in.
Rental rate almost always increased at each lease renewal.
If you’re renting while saving money to purchase or trying out the Boston condo lifestyle before making a more permanent decision, and you have the funds to cover a higher security deposit, choosing to lease in a residential building is most of the time the most cost effective option.
We will be happy to help you find a place until you’re ready to shop for your future home. And discuss renting vs. buying to help you determine what’s right for you, right now.
FAQ: Moving to Boston from another state or city
- Moving to Boston from another state
- When is the best time to find a Boston condo to rent?
- 7 Boston condo rental moving tips
- More tips for those moving to Boston
- How to make your Boston condo rental feel like a home
- Boston condos for rent doing the move yourself.
- Boston condos for rent. Moving insurance
- Boston condos for rent and sale: Should I hire a professional mover?
- How to select a Boston condo rental agent
- Things you should find out before renting a Boston condo
FAQ Boston Condo/Apartment Rental Process
- How does the Boston apartment rental process work?
- What should be on my Boston condo and apartment check list?
What do I need to bring with me to rent out a Boston apartment/condo
- What items do I need to rent out a Boston condo or apartment?
- What is a Boston apartment rental application?
What is a Boston condo/apartment credit check?
What is a Boston security deposit?
- What is a security deposit?
- Who holds the security deposit?
- Do I get interest on my Boston apartment security deposit?
- How do I get my Boston apartment security deposit back?
Why does it cost more to move into a high rise condo or apartment complex?
What is apartment rental insurance?
How do I break my Boston condo rental lease?
- If I want to buy a Boston condo, how do I get out of my current lease?
- Boston condos for rent. How can I break my lease?
For Boston condo landlords
Boston condos to rent misc questions and thoughts
Updated: November 2018
Question & Answers Regarding Beacon Hill Condo For Sale
- Tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Boston Beacon Hill condo buyers how to beat all cash offers
- 5 tips on buying a Beacon Hill condo for sale
- Benefits of buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Design tips for Beacon Hill condo buyers
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale 5 must know terms
- The difference between a Beacon Hill condos and a Beacon Hill loft
- Common mistakes when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- Buying a Beacon Hill condo with kids
- Is it time to ditch my Beacon Hill condo agent?
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: Do I need 20% down?
- 3 signs you’re going to buy a Boston Beacon Hill condo
- 6 principles to know when buying a Beacon Hill condo
- How to select a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale downpayment
- Boston Beacon Hill condos finance
- Beacon Hill condos for sale what is negotiable
- Beacon Hill condos for sale: What it take to get a mortgage.
- Boston Beacon Hill condos for sale. Understand the condo association
- How much do Boston Beacon Hill condos cost?
Beacon Hill Condos For Sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale updated in real time.
- Beacon Hill condos for sale lowest priced to highest
- Back to homepage